Bank of Korea Governor, Kim, Choongsoo
September 26, 2011
September 22, 2011 – KEI and the Korea Economic Society co-hosted Bank of Korea Governor, Kim, Choongsoo, for a discussion of the current state of the global financial system and its impact on the Korean economy. During the program, Governor Kim discussed the underlying causes of the initial global crisis in 2008, as well as the current crisis in Europe, and how Korea weathered the first crisis and the second may impact its economic performance.
Following the presentation, Governor Kim Choongsoo, Bank of Korea; Ambassador Charles L. Pritchard, KEI; and Sue-Kyong Vittas, IMF, took part in a Q & A session to conclude the program.
This event was mentioned by several Korean and English news sources, including:
- AFP – "South Korea Bank Chief Doubts New U.S. Recession"
- Yonhap (연합) – "김중수 "경제 당면과제 가계부차-금융안정"
- Financial Newspaper (파이낸셜신문) – "김중수 한은 총재, KEI/KES 포럼 강연"
- Money Today (머니투데이) – "한은 총재, "유럽 위기, 금융채널 통해 더 큰 영향""
- YTN – "김중수, "글로벌 금융불안 쉽게 해결 어려울 전망""
You can watch the video from the event here.
The photos from the event are also available on KEI's Flickr.