Coverage of Trump North Korea Policy Event
December 8, 2016
On December 7, KEI hosted former diplomat and Korea policy expert David Straub to present his recent paper, "North Korea Policy: Recommendations For The Trump Administration." The paper, which was part of KEI's annual Academic Paper Series, dug into how previous administrations have dealt with North Korea in order to provide recommendations for the incoming Trump team. The event and Straub's recommendations were covered in several Korean media outlets.
- Yonhap News: Trump unlikely to settle for freeze on N.K. nuclear program: U.S. expert
- VOA: Sanctions Reinforce North Korea Siege Mentality
- Bernama: Trump Unlikely To Settle For Freeze On North Korea Nuclear Programme: US Expert
- Munhwa Daily: “韓 ‘햇볕정책’ 회귀는 현명치 못해… 美, 대북제재·인권압박 지속할 것”
- Seoul Shinmun: “동결 그친 이란 핵협상 반대했듯 트럼프, 北핵보유국 인정 안할 것”
- YTN News: 美전문가 "트럼프, 北 핵보유국 절대 인정 않을 것"
- Maeil Business Daily: "트럼프, 北 핵보유국 인정 않을것”
- KBS News: “트럼프, 절대 북한의 핵보유국 인정 않을것”
- Yonhap News: 美전문가 "트럼프, 절대 북한의 핵보유국 인정 않을것"
- Joongang Ilbo San Francisco: “정치적 격변기 속 한·미관계 중요한 시기 맞을 것”