Job Announcement | Media Producer
July 14, 2022
The application deadline has been extended to August 8, 2022. Please submit a cover letter and resume including a portfolio to email@example.com.
Position title: Media Producer
The Korea Economic Institute of America (KEI) is a U.S. policy institute and public outreach organization dedicated to helping Americans understand the breadth and importance of the relationship with the Republic of Korea. Through our publications, programs, and public events, KEI seeks to advance scholarship and understanding of Korea in ways that will inform policy makers and the American public of the security, economic, and political implications of our connections to the Korean Peninsula.
KEI is seeking a creative and collaborative professional for the position of Media Producer. The Media Producer will lead the development and production of audio and visual content to drive reach and engagement on various digital platforms, including KEI website and social media channels. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Multimedia Producer will work closely with staff, interns, fellows and contractors to achieve KEI’s goals. This role will handle audio and video preproduction, filming, editing, live-streaming, on-location photo and video shoots, coordinate with external media outlets and publishers, and assist with production of the KEI Podcast. This position will also maintain KEI’s YouTube channel and internal production databases.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. with the possibility of two days per week of telework, subject to production needs. The position requires domestic and international travel. KEI offers a competitive benefits package including 401k; 100% employer-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; Flexible Spending Account; transportation subsidies; on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop content strategy and planning of long and short-form videos Manage video production and edits on videos, graphics and animation produced in-house
- Event photography and video shoots of KEI programs across the U.S.
- Livestream events on YouTube using OBS
- Help create graphics for KEI social media channels using Canva
- Draft or edit scripts for short explainer videos, documentaries and sketches, etc.
- Provide edits for explainer videos, documentaries, sketches, etc.
- Assist with production of the KEI’s podcast, including coordinating with guests, recording, publishing, supplying notes to edits
- Optimize video and photo content for social media platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Track video metrics across social media platforms
- Collaborate with the creative and program staff to identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of KEI’s activities and outputs
- Monitor video trends and emerging practices
- Work as part of a multi-departmental and multi-disciplinary team that includes digital communications, scholars and policy experts
- Professional experience with digital content development and a portfolio of high quality content
- Deep understanding of digital media, social media and content strategy
- Demonstrated storytelling ability
- A strong technical background in content production and distribution
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with an ability to create rapid response content and commitment to high quality standards
- Experience in handling multiple video and audio formats
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously, often under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, demonstrate grace under pressure and the ability to work well both independently as well as within a team
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in video and podcast production
- Experience using DSLR and professional video cameras
- Audio and video recording and editing experience
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- OBS broadcasting experience
- Korean language is not required but a knowledge of Korea – U.S. relations is preferred
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume including a portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 27, 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.